You can assume three different roles when playing Travian Kingdoms: king (or vice-king), duke and governor.
You are allowed to change roles; however, time limits apply:
- The first coronation is instant; the second one takes 1 day; the third one takes 2 days, and so on.
- A king cannot abdicate during the beginners' protection period
- A king cannot abdicate during 24h after a coronation
How to expand my kingdom?
Your kingdom will expand according to your area of influence and, therefore, the number of dukes, governors, and treasures you have.
The area of a kingdom is mirrored by the villages of the king that have an active treasury. The more inhabitants these villages have, the greater the influence on the surrounding fields. (For more detailed information about this, please visit our page on How Influence works).
As a king, you can only have an active treasury in half of your villages +1, and only those villages will create influence.
Kings can also promote their governors to the role of Duke. This gives them additional permissions and they can view more information within their kingdom and generate influence for their kingdom in one village/city.
- If your village generates a greater sphere of influence than the villages of a neighbouring king, one map square will be surrendered to your kingdom. This also applies if villages are located on those squares. However, if the village of a governor is located there, you may invite the player to join your kingdom instead.
- Governors may provide you with treasures.
- Treasures in your Treasury produce resources for your village and victory points.
- Furthermore, treasures award a bonus on your sphere of influence.
How to get new Governors/Dukes?
The king can invite a player to become one of their governors if at least one village of that player is located within the kingdom.
As soon as the influence on a governor of another kingdom reaches 50%, you can invite them into your kingdom.
To do so, click on their village on the map and select "Invite into the kingdom".
In case a governor receives an invitation and goes inactive, they will automatically join after 3 days.
You can also use the maps' menhirs feature to invite a governor to join by relocating their village. To do so, select an empty location on the map, within your sphere of influence and choose "Invite to relocate".
You can invite any player who isn't a member of a kingdom yet and has only a single village or city to resettle into your kingdom.
The governor's settlement will be placed on the tile you've chosen for them. You can create up to 3 pending invitations.
You can also invite any player to become your duke. They gain the right to build a treasury to expand your kingdom.
Keep in mind that you shouldn't attack governors in your sphere of influence. overnors who aren't in your Kingdom and inside of borders get kicked out when the King attacks them.