Two neighbouring kingdoms may unite to form a larger and more powerful kingdom.
The two kings rule together. The king whose kingdom had the fewest victory points at the time of the union becomes vice-king.
Other members of the kingdoms keep their status of duke or governor.
Two kingdoms can unite if:
- Both kingdoms aren't already united.
- Both kingdoms have already existed for a period based on the speed of the world (1x: 30 days / 3x: 10 days / 5x: 6 days).
- Both capital villages of the kings have connected territories on the map.
- The Kingdom Unions feature is unlocked.
Two kingdoms are considered neighbouring if they share a continuous territory between both their king's capital cities (and do not only touch at a corner).
The union of the kingdoms is initiated by the request of one king and is enabled only when the other king agrees.
- The two kingdoms become one, and the kingdom with the higher position in the victory point ranking is chosen at the time of invitation. If the ranks are similar or missing, whoever sends the invitation will become vice-king and have their kingdom dissolved (the recipient becomes king).
- Only the victory points of the greater kingdom remain. The second kingdom is then dissolved, along with any remaining assets, such as internal communications and victory points, but not treasures. The timestamp is when the invitation was sent and not when it was accepted.
- All treasuries remain active.
- The former king with the highest number of victory points becomes the king.
- The former king with the lowest number of victory points becomes the vice-king.
- Both the king and vice-king cannot abdicate. Even if they both become inactive, they will not automatically abdicate. A kingdom union is a commitment for life (the life of a game round). If one of them is deleted, the second spot stays empty.
- Both kings and their dukes are shown in the kingdom profile window.
- Both kings can invite governors and promote dukes (4 dukes for a kingdom union, instead of 2).
- Both kings can collect tributes.
- Both kings are shown on the screen displayed at the end of the game world.
- Hate status among the new kingdom members is dissolved, so no governor hates a king or vice-king after the union.
|Promote new king
|Kick or demote the vice-king
|Invite governors with relocation
|Kick or demote the king
|Crown themselves king
|Promote new vice-king
Notifications will appear when:
- The Kingdom Union feature is unlocked.
- A kingdom union has taken place in your kingdom.
- A vice-king is deleted, and their spot remains empty.
A kingdom union will get as many robber camps as a non-unified kingdom of the same size. When a king or vice-king attacks robber camps, the treasures obtained are immediately added to their treasury.